[TYPO3-BLE] Pushing a merge

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Aug 3 12:03:36 CEST 2011

Hi Andreas,

Am 03.08.11 11:34, schrieb Andreas Wolf:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Am 03.08.2011 11:24, schrieb Patrick Broens:
>> Peter Niederlag is the one responsible for the git setup for
>> Incubator, but I think he's on holiday in The Netherlands. You might
>> try sending him a mail. Otherwise contact Ingmar directly. He might
>> have a solution.
>
>> I think in this case it is better to contact somebody directly
>> instead of asking in the mailinglist ;-)
>
> yeah, just thought somebody here might have already had the same
> problem, as there's some project in BLE where some work has happened before.

Yepp, Peter is currently not available and I'm not sure whether he will
read his mails. Concerning the problem, merge commits are not allowed
with Gerrit in general (only some admin users can do these commits).

So, we have two possiblities:

1) An admin (e.g. Sebastian) is going to do the merge commit

2) Your are going to cherry-pick the changes and push them to
Incubator.git, e.g. by doing the following

git log [HASH-ID] --reverse --pretty=format:'git cherry-pick %H # %s' \
	> execute.sh
bash execute.sh
git push origin HEAD:refs/heads/project-<YOUR-PROJECT>

I hope that helps...

Cheers,
Olly
--