[TYPO3-performance] DataHandler high memory consumption

Lukas Krieger lukas.krieger at me.com
Sun Nov 2 17:53:31 CET 2014

Hi,

i am using the DataHandler in order to import pages into Typo3 but i have some problems with the php memory consumption.

Creating X pages result in X MB Memory usage
54 Pages => 21MB
118 Pages => 41MB
150 Pages => 50MB
281 Pages => 88MB

You can say, the DataHandler instance need 0,33MB for each record.

I had a look at the Core Documentation but i found nothing to reduce the memory consumption.
I also tried to chunk the creating of pages into small (10 pages) pieces and let the DataHandler process each piece after the other piece but the
memory usage is also increasing.

Is there any solution to use less memory or even to free the memory which the DataHandler is using?
Did someone of you experienced the same problem?