[TYPO3-performance] File migration is extremly slow

Thomas Sperling moppie.mop at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 09:08:04 CET 2014

Hello,

currently I upgrade a TYPO3-System from 4.5 to 6.2dev and i experienced a really slow migration speed ("Migrate all file relations from tt_content.image and pages.media" and "Migrate file relations of tt_content "uploads"). In 5 min php-process there are copied around 100 files (~40MB). The Problem is, there are 20000 Files (17GB).

Why is this process so slow? I'm pretty sure there is nothing with the server.

Regards,
Thomas