[TYPO3-performance] SEO-Urls and Performance

Jonas Eberle jonas.eberle at d-mind.de
Thu Dec 11 10:13:44 CET 2014

Dear all,

tl;dr: realurl is slow. we are looking for a lightweight solution to
generate <a href>-links for freely assignable SEO-Urls and a solution to
send incoming requests to the corresponding pages/plugins/actions.

for a new project we are considering the performance of SEO-Urls.
These are the requirements:
* high-load site
* many lists (or maps) with many objects that need links to their detail
pages
* strong focus on SEO
* the links need to be COMPLETELY user-definable (probably down to any
single object) - including folders

We can only build on experience with realurl. We experienced long
generation times for links in another project (typically > 25ms, which
is not feasable for long lists). We tried with either the Fluid
<f:link.action> - Viewhelpers or directly from the code with the
UriBuilder-class with same results. In the end we had to implement our
own cache for generated links just to speed this up a bit.

Could it be that this had to do with an activated tq_seo?
Do you have any ideas how to approach this?
Is cooluri a quicker option?
How would you do when rewriting that on your own? (we were thinking of a
DB-table with pageUid, plugin, controller, action & parameters to
generate links and a backend module that saves Apache-redirection
(internal, not via HTTP-Status) rules into .htaccess as a sleek solution)

Thank you for your input!

Regards,
Jonas