[TYPO3-performance] Scaling TYPO3 horizontally

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Sep 12 20:04:10 CEST 2013

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:

> would be cool to read or see more infos about using Newrelic as a tool
> to diagnostic TYPO3 sites. Could you share some infos on that, how it
> works and how you use it?

IFAIR, when tested it, you had to add a their repository, which ships a
couple collectors (for server health) and a PHP module.
You had a central config which where you need to setup your credentials.

Then it starts sending data to the server. I did not looked close enough to
know if they already aggregate data on the local server, but I guess so.

On the website, you will get some nice analysis of your server health,
traffic/performance peaks, bottlenecks, etc.

The downside is, that you have major privacy issues if you want to run this
on a production server. E.g. I doubt that this is PCI conform.

Nevertheless, this is a nice service for performance testing and to find
bottlenecks.
http://newrelic.com/monitor-everything

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!