[TYPO3-performance] Performance issues with 4.3 on a complicated page

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Jun 15 20:40:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

> BE seems to be faster but I was not able to compare FE because I did not
> migrate any existing sites from 4.2 to 4.3.

The BE feels definitely more snappy.

As for the FE I have already migrated a number of sites and did not
observe the problem in others. At least not in a striking way, so it
could have gone unnoticed. In the current case - as I said - I have no
concrete figures but it feels about 2-3 times slower, which is enormous
(and that's why it got noticed).

Actually I just found an old copy of the site that still running with
4.2. It's not quite the same anymore, but some pages are still quite
similar. Hopefully I can do some comparisons. We'll try tomorrow...

> We may think of a new performance project that will make benchmarks with
> both versions and optimize what's necessary. This could be interesting but
> it may need significant changes.

Quite a thing to set up but would be great of course.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter