[TYPO3-performance] TS-Rendering - IMG_RESOURCE - 622 ms - Solution

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Sep 30 15:14:44 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>
>> Any size change must trigger a new file. No need to check anything else.
>>

> again - this is not reliable. I can change content and get same output
> size.

Please re-read my code:

if (size changed) { // any size change, means content change
  make new image
} else {
  if (mtime changed) { // mtime change, could mean content change
    // make md5 test only, if mtime is not enough for you
    if (noContentCheckFlag set || content changed)
       make new image
    }
  }
}

That is I make a shortcut if the size has changed.

> mtime is the only to check for, there is no chance to change content
> with same mtime (don't make unrealistic scenario with change mtime
> manually)

I didd't bring up the mtime subject. For me a changed mtime is enough. It was the folks with the FTP
server setup, etc who didn't trust it. Fine with me.

Masi