[TYPO3-performance] TS-Rendering - IMG_RESOURCE - 622 ms - Solution

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Sep 29 11:06:36 CEST 2009

JoH asenau schrieb:

> So I don't think we can say for sure, that the new way definitely will be a
> performance increase, just by comparing the functions directly.
> Each time the new check decides "false", while the old check would have
> decided "true", we will create a new file.

I guess that depends whether the mtime changes a lot without any actual change of the content. This
might happen if you touch() files for some reason. The file size shouldn't change without reason.
Any change of size must force a recreation (the check for the mtime can be omitted in this case).

Masi