[TYPO3-performance] TS-Rendering - IMG_RESOURCE - 622 ms - Solution

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Sep 25 11:42:29 CEST 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> But it does! On each page creation TYPO3 checks if the original images
>> has been modified. So for every used image there is a md5_file()
>> request, which takes some times.
>>
>> I just disabled that function (ok, now there is no check if the image
>> has changed, but that does not hurt me in this case).
>
> That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe this can be improved than the md5 is only calcualted for very
small files (only GIF and PNG?) where it is likely the filesize is the
same even after a change of the content. I reckon that for larger files
the byte size will vary every time so the time consuming md5 calculation
can be omitted.

Masi