[TYPO3-performance] No results with eaccelerator

Per Sikker Hansen per at clioonline.dk
Fri Oct 16 15:10:08 CEST 2009

Oliver Rowlands wrote:
> Hi Per,
>
> 2000 MB of shared memory... do you really need that much?
>
> This is the eAccelerator configuration that we used to use on most of
> our production environments before switching to XCache:
>
> extension="eaccelerator.so"
> eaccelerator.shm_size="128"
> eaccelerator.cache_dir="/var/cache/eaccelerator"
> eaccelerator.enable="0"
> eaccelerator.optimizer="1"
> eaccelerator.check_mtime="1"
> eaccelerator.debug="0"
> eaccelerator.filter=""
> eaccelerator.shm_max="0"
> eaccelerator.shm_ttl="0"
> eaccelerator.shm_prune_period="0"
> eaccelerator.shm_only="0"
> eaccelerator.compress="1"
> eaccelerator.compress_level="9"
>
> HTH,
>
> Oliver
>
> Per Sikker Hansen wrote:
>
>>     extension="eaccelerator.so"
>>     eaccelerator.shm_size=2000
>>     eaccelerator.cache_dir="/var/cache/eaccelerator"
>>     eaccelerator.enable="1"
>>     eaccelerator.optimizer="1"
>>     eaccelerator.check_mtime="1"
>>     eaccelerator.debug=0
>>     eaccelerator.filter=""
>>     eaccelerator.shm_max="0"
>>     eaccelerator.shm_ttl="5"
>>     eaccelerator.shm_prune_period="0"
>>     eaccelerator.shm_only="1"
>>     eaccelerator.compress="1"
>>     eaccelerator.compress_level="9"
>>
>> I've checked with phpinfo() and eAccelerator is in fact loaded after
>> an apache restart.
>>
>> The bottom line is that I'm not satisfied with these results and
>> wonders if any of you know ways to improve them with eaccelerator?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> ~ Per

Hello Oliver,
I don't think we need that much no, but at home I experienced that my
performance increased as I raised the shm_size, so when I didn't yield
any results on our production server with a low value, I tried maxing it
up, with no result whatsoever.

Thanks for your config file. I'll look at it. We're also currently
looking into xcache.
~Per