[TYPO3-performance] No results with eaccelerator

Per Sikker Hansen per at clioonline.dk
Fri Oct 16 12:07:55 CEST 2009

Steffen Gebert wrote:
> Am 16.10.2009, 11:43 Uhr, schrieb Per Sikker Hansen <per at clioonline.dk>:
>
>> Hello, I'm trying to optimize our Typo3-installation and stumbled
>> across eAccelerator. I tried it at home on my private installation
>> (Lighttpd with CodeIgniter, a very different setup I know) and
>> experienced a tremendous rise in the amount of requests(from 160 to
>> 585 r/s). However, on our company's production server, running Apache2
>> as webserver and Typo3 as CMS, eAccelerator yields no increase in
>> performance whatsoever.
>
> Are you running PHP as module or using (fast-)cgi? AFAIK it doesn't help
> with *cgi, as every process has it's own shared memory. Only with PHP as
> module all instances can share the same cache data.
>
> Steffen

Hi Steffen, thanks for your quick reply!

PHP is running as mod_php5 in Apache2 on our production server. However,
as a sidenote: at home I run PHP as fast-cgi in Lighttpd, still yielding
performance increase from eaccelerator, so it should be possible. But
that's not really relevant anyway when the problem is with mod_php5 :)