[TYPO3-performance] TYPO3 4.3 performance

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu May 28 15:49:44 CEST 2009

Ingo Renner wrote:
> memcached usually is faster when using multiple instances/servers

yes, but shouldn't memcached or APC be faster than a db by design?

I wonder why there's no difference between db caching and RAM caching even
when using multiple cache systems at the same time. That distributes the
requests between different systems (pages in memcached, hashes in APC, rest
in DB) and should theoretically give more performance than querying all
requests from the same system.

either my expectations are wrong or there is a bottleneck somewhere which I
overlooked until now.

greets
rupert