[TYPO3-performance] TS-Rendering - IMG_RESOURCE - 622 ms

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jun 29 18:01:56 CEST 2009

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 29.06.2009 15:08:

>> i habe some trouble with an really slow rendered page.
>>
>> Admin-Panel shows me rendering times for an IMG_RESOURCE of 622 ms.
>>
>> But that happens only to a few images, the most have an rendering time
>> of 0 or 1.
>>

>> i put the image-link into the href via typoscript:
>>
>>         parameter.cObject = IMG_RESOURCE
>>         parameter.cObject.file {
>>           import.current = 1
>>           maxW = {$elementuebersicht.bildergalerie.popup.maxW}
>>           maxH = {$elementuebersicht.bildergalerie.popup.maxH}
>>         }
>>
>> any hint?
>
> No, but that reminds me of the idea we had to render the images in
> separate HTTP connections so that the main page rendering isn't blocked
> by image generation.

That would be an interesting project. Maybe even possible then to have
the picture delivery and generation done by a "second" server
(http://images.domain.example):

- Server A renders the page, IMAGE cObject returns the "filename" (with
unique hash). It places information about how to generate the file (e.g.
IMAGE configuration) in some shared cache.

- Server B gets request for the filename, which does not yet exist.
Apache redirects request to TYPO3 (mod_rewrite required...), which will
look up the shared cache, generate the image and return it.

This also could have been the same server, but different HTTP-processes,
as Masi proposed. I like it!

Cheers,
Ernesto