[TYPO3-performance] Spreading HTTP request among multiple hostnames

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Jun 11 01:50:48 CEST 2009

> AFAIR 4 requests to one resolved IP are the usual concurrent max limit a
> broser would do. (I feel the yslow pages somewhere explained that
> browser-behavior - however dont find the link by now - sorry).

FOUND IT !

snip-snap from:
    http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/04/11/performance-research-part-4/
"HTTP/1.1 spec, which suggests that browsers download two components in
parallel per hostname."

DNS and some other considerations are explained fine there;
'njoy the read,

PS: Funny detail on re-reading the article: it seems only to be related
to http 1.1 and not 1.0 and AFAIR squid (as rev proxy) only supports 1.0 :-(