[TYPO3-performance] Spreading HTTP request among multiple hostnames

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Wed Jun 10 13:02:32 CEST 2009

Hi

I recently played around with a new Firefox/Firebug add-on called "page
speed" [1] which is comparable to YSlow from Yahoo. The tool allows you
to generate reports regarding the performance of your website. And one
recommendation I saw was:

---
Parallelize downloads across hostnames
This page makes 40 parallelizable requests to www.domain.tld. Increase
download parallelization by distributing these requests across multiple
hostnames:
[list of 40 static files like css and images]
---

I know why this is recommended - but I'm not directly seeing a way on
how to solve this on a TYPO3 website. Does anyone of you have a clever
solution for this thing?

Cheers,
Mario

[1] http://code.google.com/intl/de-DE/speed/page-speed/