[TYPO3-performance] Slave DB results in TCE errors

Georg Kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Tue Dec 29 20:26:24 CET 2009

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Dan Osipov schrieb:
>> Thanks for the idea! We have a lot of BE queries though, and would love
>> to spread them out over slave servers as well.
>
> Perhaps you could set a session flag after a TCEmain insert/delete/update with a timestamp. The
> session will then read for n seconds from the master. Later it will read again from one of the slaves.
> Masi

Given the previous problem-description and Martin's valid suggestion to
"bind" typo3 to the db-master for a certain (even minimal) timespan, I'd
like to throw in a decent tool, which might support your effort: MySQL
Proxy see http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy

I feel (though untested) you should be able to achieve your target with
a lua-script that checks on read/write and rescpects the timespan (being
lower than your replication-timespan) and accoringly redirects to the
master or to any slave.

feel = I've successfully tested TYPO3 with a mysql-master/slave-setup
using MySQL Proxy and r/w splits, some time ago; this however was a
virtualized minimal dev-setup; thus I probably did'nt discover the issue
you described.

georg