[TYPO3-performance] Typoscript with conditions or ext template on page

Sven Wolfermann sven.wolfermann at marit.ag
Wed Dec 16 07:13:47 CET 2009

Am 15.12.2009 15:55, schrieb Michiel Roos [netcreators]:
> Op 12/15/09 1:42 PM, Martin Kutschker schreef:
>> Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] schrieb:

>>> Ext Templates are faster, since conditions are parsed (uncached) at any
>>> page request.
>>>
>>> Drawback:
>>> A lot of things are only possible with conditions AND ext Templates are
>>> a bit more "chaotic" to find.
>>> Basically I like to keep my stuff at one place only.
>>
>> A matter of taste. I don't like PIDinRootline at all. PIDs mean nothing to me (without a further
>> comment in the TS) when I try to understand the TS code. So I prefer ext templates for branches.
>>
>> Masi
>
> We use constants instead of PIDs.
>
> On the template in the site root we have the constants:
>
> newsPage       = 1
> newsSinglePage = 2
> someOtherPage  = 3
>
> And then in the ext templates we use those constants in the conditions.
>
> We don't like spreading templates across the whole tree.

But that is the way we do this.
We have conditions in our constants template on root page.
-----------

homeID = 1
catId = 1,2,3
showListId = 4
showEventId = 5

#now there is another constants set for the PIDinRootline 703 in the
following lines:

[PIDinRootline = 703]
homeID = 703
catId = 1,6,18
showListId = 946
showEventId = 945
[end]

#and another constants set if we are in rootline 1450:

[PIDinRootline = 1450]
homeID = 1450
catId = 1,9,19
showListId = 1451
showEventId = 1452
[end]

one single constants TS on the rootpage
is that the faster way for rendering?
or put an ext TS template on page 703 with the constants set in it
homeID = 703
catId = 1,6,18
showListId = 946
showEventId = 945