[TYPO3-performance] Typoscript with conditions or ext template on page

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Dec 15 12:07:34 CET 2009

Sven Wolfermann schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> I try to do my best in english to discribe my problem.
>
> What is faster?
> to have one typoscript template with conditions for different branches
> or
> to set an ext typoscript on each page branch
>
> sample constants condition:
>
> [PIDinRootline = 703]
> homeID = 703
> catId = 1,6,18
> showListId = 946
> showEventId = 945
> newsSingle = 3343
> newsFolder = 353,248,53
> plugin.tx_cal_controller.pidList = 2476,1457,1954
> [end]

Ext Templates are faster, since conditions are parsed (uncached) at any
page request.

Drawback:
A lot of things are only possible with conditions AND ext Templates are
a bit more "chaotic" to find.
Basically I like to keep my stuff at one place only.
So toss a coin :)

--
TYPO3 certified interogator
T3DD09 Entertainer