[TYPO3-performance] Running TYPO3 on Nginx, natively

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Thu Aug 13 21:33:35 CEST 2009

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> On 11.08.09 18:47, georg kuehnberger wrote:
>
>> My target is to benchmark nginx, squid and varnish in their function as
>> reverse proxy in front of slower backendservers running Apache, nginx or
>> lighthttpd.
>
> hi georg.
> static file cache with nginx is a real performance boost.

Olivier,

Sure; Static file cache (as soon as the html-file is written by TYPO3)
will performs as fast as the webserver of your choice is able to deliver
static files.

However, as you are pointing to, in some(more) cases there is for a more
dynamic approach, which cant be handled by letting TYPO
write/update/delete static files to the FS.

> nevertheless memcached seems to be an option.
ACK;

> have a look at this also:
> http://serverfault.com/questions/30705/how-to-set-up-nginx-as-a-caching-reverse-proxy
thanks;

> ncache seems to be nice too.
 > http://code.google.com/p/ncache/
pitty - acc to:
	http://code.google.com/p/ncache/updates/list
it seems somewhat dead / not comilable;

Aside I used up all my school-trained-russian-lang knowledge studying
the nginx docu; so I wont make it anymore into chinese this year, see:
http://ncache.googlecode.com/files/NCache__.pdf

> nginx is the best!
> olivier

ACK - see you there