[TYPO3-Performance] cheap highload - is it possible?

maaboo maaboo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 16:04:54 CEST 2008

Hi!

I want to develop sites based on TYPO3, but not ordinary sites with <100
pages. I dream about huge information portals... ahh.. dreams, sweet
dreams.. but i understand that T3 isn't very suitable for it. And i
understand that it will cost a lot of CPU/RAM/DB. May be in the future
(version 5?) it will changed, but i need it now.

Is it possible to start with some cheap VPS solution (~50$) may be in
conjunction with caching server on another VPS?

Do you have any advices what tools select for highload? Nginx? Lighthttpd?
How to lightweight PHP, MySQL?
How to optimize T3?
etc...

How to calculate load before start?

I'll be very greatly appreciate all your advices. I think that tomorrow is
with T3 and i want to start it today.

thanks

--
with respect, MaaBoo