[TYPO3-Performance] Prepared statements

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Nov 19 09:41:13 CET 2008

Vahan Amirbekyan schrieb:
> Folks,
> what is the deal with prepared statements.
> Are they supported in v4.x ?

No.

> from forums I got  a vague idea that it is not and may in v5.

The internals of the content repository may use it, but AFAIK there are
(currently) no plans to provide direct access to the DB via FLOW3.

> I believe it brings value to typo3 by improving performance

If you repeat the same queries (in the same script run) with only
changes to the WHERE parameters then it could be faster because the
query plan has only to be created once by the database. It is of no use
for run once queries.

TYPO3 runs some of the queries more than once (page and page tree
access), but it would need to cache those prepared queries.

> and security.

Why?

Masi