[TYPO3-Performance] MySQL connection slow?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 22:40:40 CET 2008

Hi!

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> i am not sure if p_connects can help?

Btw, good idea! Yes, it will help if it is turned off :D Otherwise
it will cause lots of hanging resources and increased memory usage,
which will end up in swapping :D Persistent connections do not free
resources when PHP script ends. Thus any non–closed recordset will
still stay in memory. Therefore it is not recommended to use
persistent connections in PHP. PHP documentation is wrong about it.
People, who written it, never checked how it really works :)

This is the first setting I check when I do performance reviews for
web sites :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support