[TYPO3-Performance] db-performance-issue

Alberto Caso alberto.caso at adaptia.es
Wed Jul 30 22:13:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 30-07-2008 at 14:54 +0200, Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] wrote:
> Freedom of choice.... hmm... I get your point, but if I am right we have
> like 20 DBAL installs compared to what... 20.000 MySQL Installs...
> I go for "to heck with freedom" ;-)
[...]
> Set up a sitemap that has 300 pages displayed, enable realURL, get
> 18.000 (no kidding) database queries.

Then stored procedures may be of little help here and getting rid of the
extra queries should be the first target.

Also, as Dmitry said, stored procedures could be abstracted through a
set of classes that could call the SPs where available or use just plain
SQL where not.

DBAL is a good selling point (even when used only in a little percentaje
of cases). Anyway, even in the case of just MySQL you could find users
whose ISPs don't grant them enough privileges to create stored
procedures.

Regards,
--
Alberto Caso Palomino