[TYPO3-Performance] TYPO3 and Continuent uni/cluster for MySQL

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Sat Dec 20 21:31:19 CET 2008

Lars E. D. Jensen wrote:
> Hello performance people :)
> Anyone with experience of uni/cluster for MySQL.
yes.

> Is it working out-of-the-box with TYPO3?
yes;
However you Do want to to respect the guidelines / constraints in
regards to the recovery-log;
Simle Description: Continuent logs each UPDATE statement in seperate
Databases (RECOVERY) on the Controllers in order to "document" all
DB-changes since the last full dump, so it my re-play the changes since
then.
The configuration-task is to define the MAX-size an UPDATE Statement
might reach;
The "larger" UPDATE-Statements we experienced are:
- huge RTE Text stuff and
- the uc_ field in be_user;
However in your particular TYPO3-Setup, there mght be other/larger
UPDATE-Statements.

hth regards georg
PS: The Continuent-Support IS excellent;