[TYPO3-Performance] List module performance

typo3 vamirbekyan at dgfoundation.org
Wed Aug 27 21:22:38 CEST 2008

Hi All,
my tt_news has a few hundred thousand of records. When I select "Extended
view" option it takes at least 10 seconds to load every page of the module
(whereas when not selected it takes only 1 sec).
Looking at mysql show processlist I see this selects:
SELECT uid FROM tt_news WHERE ((t3ver_oid=461332) OR uid=461332) AND
tt_news.deleted=0 ORDER BY t3ver_id DESC;
this tells me that the List module calls this select for every row it wants
to list with "Extended view" selected and it slows the system down.
t3ver_id column is related to the versioning feature of typo3 records that I
do not really need.
One way to improve is to turn the versionsing off.
How to do it?
please let me know if you have another hint for to improve performance.

thank you!