[TYPO3-Performance] General questions

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Aug 5 15:23:05 CEST 2008

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] schrieb:
>>> t3lib_page->getRootline ist something that could be improved massively.
>>
>> 4.2 has a rootline cache and I have an even more improved version of the
>> caching mechanism (local for a script run).
>
> Ok, so let's see what happens:
> class.t3lib_page.php
> Line 548: $uid (4711) is sent into the function
> Line 570: $uid = intval($uid); <- ERROR, see below
> Line 572: Does loop until $uid is 0
> Line 590: $uid = $row['pid'] <- has to result in $uid being 0 sometime
> Line 664: $this->cache_getRootLine[$uid]... = $output;
>
> Line 664 rips off the whole caching since it will ALWAYS cache $uid = 0.
> get the point?
> Cache is good, this implementation is bu....it (sorry for the hard
> words, but it's true).

Everyone could have objected the code when it was presented in the Core
list. I'm glad - well, not really ;-) - if you find bugs or room for
improvements, but I wonder what happened. You tell me it will never
caches, but that was not true for my tests. Maybe I made a mistake in
the migration from my test installation to my working copy. I remember
that I used copy'n'paste as I had some debug code in it.

Masi