[TYPO3-UG France] [TYPO3-dev] [ANN] Pre-announcement for important security update

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Dec 19 23:06:48 CET 2006

Dear fellow TYPO3 enthusiast,

we know you all are preparing for Christmas right now. We would
therefore like to inform you in advance that you should be very awake
and ready to do some maintenance on your TYPO3 installations soon.

During a security review it has been discovered that certain TYPO3-Core
packages include a security risk with rather high impact. The
security team has been working hard to prepare patches as well as
announcements and helpful information since then.

Right now we are very close to releasing the patches as well as the
announcement. This will happen 2006-12-20 14:00 CET and will be
announced here.

So please be prepared and have someone of the admin-team available.
Fixing things won't take long and we will provide updates for
3.7.x, 3.8.x as well as 4.0.x and 4.1beta1. We assured as much as we
could that you don't have to worry about any upgrading/compatibility issues!

Please don't ask any further questions until then, as we are quite busy
doing everything the right way. We have no evidence whatsoever that
anyone noticed the problem or any exploits have been attempted yet. That
could change as soon as the announcements are published, so please be
prepared to take immediate action when applicable.

Peter Niederlag
- TYPO3 Security Team -