[TYPO3-english] Database Error:

Mark Kuiphuis typo3 at markyourweb.com
Wed Jun 26 05:56:39 CEST 2013

On 26/06/13 1:08 PM, tom liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This morning, I can not open my typo3 site, it is very slow, it shows
> 'Internal Server Error', but I can open my admin side(/typo3). Around 10
> minutes later, both frontend and backend, shows: Database Error: The
> current username, password or host was not accepted when the connection to
> the database was attempted to be established!
> I did not change anything on my site, it is really wierd, anyone
> experienced the same problem? any suggestion on this? Thanks.
>
> Tom

That message indicates that the combination of username/password and
host is incorrect to create a successful connection to the MySQL database.

Has someone maybe gained access to your typo3 site (so they have changed
the user credentials in /typo3conf/localconf.php (TYPO3 version < 6.0)
or in the /typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php (TYPO3 version >= 6.0)?

If not, is there a chance they have gotten access to the MySQL server
and changed the username and/or password there?

Regards, Mark