[TYPO3-english] extbase/fluid extension as PLUGIN_TYPE_CONTENT_ELEMENT

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jun 20 21:34:20 CEST 2013

Am 20.06.2013 21:15, schrieb Andreas Kiessling:
> Hi,
>
>> I tried to add a flexform, but when I change the plugin to
>> PLUGIN_TYPE_CONTENT_ELEMENT it is no longer visible.
>>

> For new CTypes, you need to define the visible fields on your own.
> Have a look at the ext_tables.php from my demo extension that i created
> for our usergroup:
> https://github.com/akiessling/ak_accordion
>

> If you need a flexform for a CType, you need to add it like this:
> \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addPiFlexFormValue('*',
> 'FILE:EXT:' . $_EXTKEY . '/Configuration/FlexForms/Plugin.xml',
> $pluginSignature);
>
> and of course add the pi_flexform field to the ones listed in ext_tables.php

Using a flexform to store content data should be avoided whenever
possible, especially when it comes to new content elements.

There are lots of different fields available for tt_content and you can
arrange them any way you like with TCA, showitem and palettes. This will
make your data available for queries and therefor increase performance
when dealing with searchr results or listings.

Flexforms should be used for configurational data only, since these
usually won't be used for a query but for different variants of frontend
output after getting the result. Anything else IMHO does not belong into
a flexform, since it requires a lot of parsing to get the data out of
the XML, which is one of the major drawbacks of extensions like TemplaVoila.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de