[TYPO3-english] Page template selection TV-style without TV

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 18 20:42:21 CEST 2013

Am 18.06.2013 20:36, schrieb Jan Bednarik:
> Hi,
>
> so by refereing to the BE layout property in TypoScript I can change
> template for FE. That's not very clean approach but I can work. I was
> hoping for something bit better though :)

I didn't say that you have to do it this way, but for me it's much more
comfortable to do it like that.
If you want to clearly separate between backend and frontend layout,
feel free to use a set of backend layouts for the backend only and use
the layout selector for the frontend output without any connection to
the backend structure.

But actually even TV uses a combination of XML datastructures for the
backend and HTML-Template for the frontend, so I don't see too much
differenct in the approach ;-)

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian