[TYPO3-english] Releasing TYPO3 6.2 LTS under GPL Version 3

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jun 18 10:20:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 17-6-2013 18:06, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> No legal consultation needed here, besides whether this section of the
> GPLv2+ complies with the law. I never heard any doubts about this, thus I do
> not see any need for a legal consultation in this single mater.

Yes, they are needed here. Anything you do with a license needs the
opinion of a legal expert in software copyright and license laws in
various countries.

There are enough examples where seemingly logical sentences had very
different implications for legal minds.

There is a budget to have a good opinion of a legal expert on these
license subjects, so please leave this to the experts.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!