[TYPO3-english] Question about FAL migrated/processed files after 6.0 upgrade

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jan 31 16:29:45 CET 2013

Hey,

On 31.01.13 14:31, François Suter wrote:
> Hi Benni,
>
> Thanks for the explanations.
>
>> fileadmin/_migrated_/ contains all pics that were moved from
>> uploads/pics/ and uploads/media/ previously - except that all duplicates
>> were removed.
>>
>> So, yes, please keep the folder :).
>
> Good. But then uploads/pics and uploads/media are not needed anymore,
> right? Or I guess they are still used by extensions that don't support FAL?
Exactly. uploads/ is kept until all extensions use FAL :) All TCA
type=file with an uploadfolder are still using the old format - for
backwards-compatibility reasons :).

>> fileadmin/_processed_/ contains all images like thumbnails or scaled
>> images of all files in this storage. They are connected to
>> sys_file_processed DB table elements, containing the processing
>> information.
>
> OK. As far as I can see there's no Scheduler task to remove old files
> from there or is there some other form of cleanup?
Nope, that is still missing. Sounds like a new lowlevel cleanup task :)
Would you care to create a Issue on forge?

All the best,
Benni.