[TYPO3-english] sessionPiVars on Cal Base

wei.ma at newvillagemedia.com wei.ma at newvillagemedia.com
Tue Jan 15 20:57:41 CET 2013

Hi list,

We use cal base on our website. The  problem is that the event detail pages are kicking into       no-cache  mode.  So every time someone goes to one of the event       detail pages  it's sucking up a lot of juice. And it takes long time to load detail pages.

 It's kicking into no-cache mode because of this directive in the       +cal setup template:

 plugin.tx_cal_controller.sessionPiVars =       backlink,lastview,page_id

 We added this setting to minimize caching and database       bloat.   This directive instructs cal to not use extraneous get       vars when  generating links to detail views.

Why does it switch over to a non-cached mode when that directive is in place and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Wei