[TYPO3-english] high resolution images

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon Oct 15 15:58:34 CEST 2012

Hi Katja,

I have never done this, but you could try this:

Because browsers can also scale images, you can have TYPO3 render the images
with a large pixel size, and still show them at a reasonable web-size by
overruling the real picture size with CSS img width and height.

I'm not sure what resolution browsers will output to the printer if you have a
high-res image, which is scaled to a smaller size by CSS, but it's worth trying.

Otherwise, you can add a print stylesheet to be able to render different sizes
for the print version, while still having a normal website (only thing ofcourse
is that downloading the images will take longer).

The only difficulty I see is rendering variable image sizes using CSS styled
content, you may have to tweak something there if you need that.

Just some ideas, hope it's useful.
Loek