[TYPO3-english] No table to write data to has been set using the setting "cacheTable".

Henning Haida losmintos at midnightallstars.de
Fri Mar 30 09:51:08 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Quoting Michael Cannon <michael at typo3vagabond.com>:
> I ran into this problem myself this morning and updated the bug report you
> linked to.
>
> Another idea, something I failed to mention, manually uninstall tt_news
> from localconf.php. You can do so by deleting ",tt_news" from the extList
> entries and remove the temp_ files again.

First, I removed the following line from localconf.php
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['useCachingFramework'] = false;
and deleted temp_CACHED* --- no change, BE still inaccessible.

Then, I removed tt_news from the extList in localconf, deleted
temp_CACHED*. Front end is still there, back end is available again! :-)

> See if you have access to TYPO3 BE then. Try loading tt_news 3.1.0, install
> it. Still have TYPO3 BE access?

Went to Extension Manager --> Import Extension --> Upload extension
file directly, chosed `tt_news_3.1.0.t3x' as local, [x] Overwrite any
existing extension!. Upload and Install, make updates to database
(although no specific changes have been displayed).

Back end and front end look fine, I logged out and logged in again.

> Then try for tt_news 3.2.0 install.

After that I updated tt_news from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0 in the usual way via
the extension manager. Immediately after the -- successful -- update,
the back end was broken again: No table to write data to has been set
using the setting "cacheTable".

Again, removed tt_news from localconf.php, removed temp_CACHED*,
logged into back end, installed version 3.1.0 from local t3x file.
Back end is working again, however, with tt_news 3.1.0, only.

Thanks four your assistance, it helped in a way ;-). Should I wait for
an update of tt_news? Can I give more information? (I will write an
other mail soon, because some images are no longer displayed, I don't
understand ... there could be a connection.)

Kindest regards
  Henning