[TYPO3-english] HTTP404 - The webpage cannot be found error

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Wed Mar 21 20:48:24 CET 2012

Hi Ahmad Zamri Zahidin,

Ahmad Zamri Zahidin wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
>  I logged in to the typo3[4.5.5] backend
> http://www.manawatumuslims.com/typo3/backend.php
>
>  And do the editing. I am not using any intro package. Do I need to
>  install anything on my PC?
>
>  Then, launch the website http://www.manawatumuslims.com/ .
>
>  Click on the menu bar (the page/link I created). And got the error
>  message. The URL http://www.manawatumuslims.com/contact-us/

The reason is simple. Your webserver does not rewrite the URLs to index.php.

Please check the content of your .htaccess file. In case you do not have
such a file, there is a simple file shipped with TYPO3 named _.htaccess. You
can just rename that file to .htaccess and it should work.

If it still does not work, then your webserver is set up to not respect the
directives in the .htaccess file. Talk to your hoster then.

You can also just disable realurl. This will make TYPO3 stop writing links
like real paths and it falls back to the default behaviour to generate
example.com?id=123 links.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln – linkvalidator