[TYPO3-english] sys_language_uid, fallback on default language

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Wed Mar 14 12:24:33 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a fairly simple question. I have a multi language extension. If
there are no records in the current language it needs to fetch the
records of the default language.

I am fetching the records as follows:
AND sys_language_uid = '.$GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_language_uid

But this query only select the records of the current language.

So what is the correct way for TYPO3?

I thought sys_page->getRecordOverlay() would do the trick. But somehow
the records are not translated, maybe this is because the original query
uses a join.

$GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_page->getRecordOverlay($table,$item,
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->sys_language_uid);

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair