[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0 at the corner? How is it possible

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:15:25 CET 2012

Oliver

The clients were fascinated others afraid of Version 5.

Fascinated those who never used TYPO3 before and those who looked to many other CMS to. Most of them went meanwhile to one of those Drupal, Modx, Wordpress, Contao, systems because waiting for Version5 and the big promoted features took much to long and still holds on. Perhaps in some years it will be stable and fully functional bur already now I doubt that it will ever reach popularity at all!

The others were those who already knew TYPO3 and liked it because pf its stability in Versions before 4.2.and because of the great community help via mailinglists.

More and more of them got afraid with higher version numbers as with every even small release major things seem to change and affect sites.

Ok this brought us many new customers but the reason for this is absolute a chaos in releases.

The only way to get away from this is to make a CUT in the way Version numbers are given.

It is the year and a month when a new release comes out and this is clear and neutral.

Either stay with the current system or use years. Jumping is in the current situation where Version 5 has been announced since years a no go! Especially if Version 6 looks like a Fake. Motto: "Well we developed Version5 but it will not get ready but people waiting since 5 years for the new stuff, lets present them Version 6 based on the Version 4 and hope that nobody who was waiting for 5 will see that they buy old stuff in a new Version dress. hohoho! Best of all is that every body will be so happy that finally after the Version 5 problem how to get our old Version 4 content in, we wete able to solve this problem in Version 6. It is there old ancient TYPO3 System."

For me it simply looks like Release Managers run out of numbers and therefore NOW need a decision as 4,7 gets followed by 4.8 and 4.9 etc but how does this look like?

No real change in TYPO3 since 7 years?

Isn't it so that the decision right now is like placing an unloved officer on a dead outpost where he hopefully silently dies?

or figured you out that Version 5 has the real potential to replace the way of making websites?

The current situation has already discussed years ago!

Andi

Sent from my iPhone