[TYPO3-english] 4.6.0 compatibility

J. Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Fri Oct 28 10:49:42 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I had installed 4.6.0 after a compatibility update for tt_news had
been released, but now I've gone back to 4.5.7.

Why?

Well, 4.6.0 breaks compatibility with some extensions and leaves it to
the admin to find out if and which those may be. That just doesn't cut
it. I can't go through a long list of extensions and check if
everything still works. The least one would expect if such a drastic
step has been taken is to support the admin in identifying what is and
isn't still working, through the log or the extension manager.

I realize that Typo3 is getting better all the time from a
progammmatical point of view, and that some things like the new
extension manager in 4.6 work nicely, but overall the user experience
still has a long way ahead of it.

Just my humble opinion, of couse.

Cheers,
J. Schaller