[TYPO3-english] Problems with high-ASCII in front end only...

Bob bitsandbob at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:14:09 CEST 2011

Thanks Michael. I found a few online solutions, including a script that
was supposed to fix a TYPO3 DB, but didn't seem to do so.

In the end, I set up a new installation of TYP03 (with a fresh UTF-8
database and [BE][forceCharset] set to "utf-8"), imported a T3D of the
previous version, then manually fixed all the scrambled characters by
copying and pasting from the back-end of the old site to the back-end of
the new site.

Fortunately, the site wasn't *too* big...