[TYPO3-english] integrating xml output into a typo3 site, how?

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Thu Dec 29 10:30:41 CET 2011

On 29/December/2011 9:44 AM, Christoph Hermann wrote:
> I don't get the problem. You want your users to influence the source URL?

Thanks Christoph for your answer.

Yes, the user has the possibility to influence the source url.
Depending what he/she selects in the webform, the source url changes.

In the below example the all weather reports for the airport PHTO for
the past four hours are fetched (airport and time can be selected by the
user in the web form):

http://weather.aero/dataserver_current/httpparam?dataSource=metars&requestType=retrieve&format=xml&stationString=PHTO&hoursBeforeNow=4

I do grasp the concept of transformation like it is used in xslite. But
this uses fixed url parameters.

Guess it can only be done by developing your own php script?

Best regards,
Stefan