[TYPO3-english] cooluri bug

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Sun Dec 18 06:40:30 CET 2011

Hi!

Thanks Jigal for pointing into the right direction here. I had a closer look at the sql files now.
It would be sufficient to move the CREATE TABLE statements from ext_tables_static+adt.sql (which is the only content) into ext_tables.sql and they would be accepted. (Without any TCA definition)

Doing so, I realized this caused to show up other issues. (See screenshot [1])
Hitting the Update button doesn't solve these issues, but also do not harm the tables.
But still this has a big advantage: The admin can NOT accidentally remove the tables! Especially losing the oldlinks table might be painful.

Trying to solve these issues requires some insignificant changes to the field definitions.
As image [2] illustrates, it is not possible to get rid of all issues, as the default value reporting of mysql (SHOW COLUMNS...) maps the default values ['', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, NULL] to NULL. So the Installer's COMPARE function cannot distinguish between these default values and therefore compares them to default ''.

That's how it is, I guess.

> > I'd suggest introducing a new Installer setting for this purpose. If
> > I'm not the only one who's interested I'll give it a shot and
> > implement this feature.
>
> Why?? The TYPO3 Core does not need to take things into account which do not follow TYPO3 conventions.
> -2

1.) -2 is ok, that's why I'm asking. ;-)
2.) It's totally correct what you say, but actually TYPO3 does. It suggests removing tables, which do not follow the conventions and might not be related to TYPO3.

> --
> Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Jigal van Hemert.

Kind regards