[TYPO3-english] Accent insentive on INDEXED SEARCH

Richard Davies richard at ocular.co.nz
Tue Dec 13 20:30:45 CET 2011

Hi,

Whenever a database is changed from e.g. latin to UTF-8 the data needs
to be transformed. What I've done is mysqldump --char-set=UTF8 and
then mysql --char-set=UTF8 > sql.sql. Switching database type without
changing the data inside generally doesn't work. If you've done that,
is your site outputting the correct meta tag?

The database may not be entirely UTF8 or connection may not be UTF8.
Check out this: http://wiki.typo3.org/wiki/UTF-8_support