[TYPO3-english] Questions regardsing TYPO3 4.5

Christian Nölle noelle at uni-wuppertal.de
Thu Nov 11 16:25:09 CET 2010

Am 11.11.2010 16:07, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Kay Strobach wrote:
>> Imagine how fast the module changes could be, if these modules would be
>> "preloaded" in a cardlayout, send to front, reload store, ready.
>
> Fast??? Imagine List module loading on a page with lots of records.
> That's not fast at all.
>
> I think only necessary stuff should be loaded. I am against loading
> anything, which is not required. Typically I work with Page module for
> 95% of the time. Why do I need anything else preloaded? I don't :)

Totally agree on that! Do not preload things you need seldom.

I do love the "new" Backend, but also experiencing some difficulties on
older machines, esp. the ones with low memory. As I work for a public
institution there are some personal computers around that are equipped
with the stunning amount of 512 MB RAM, running IE 6 in XP. People
working with those clients are having a hard time already.... :)

Just my 5ct.

--
-c