[TYPO3-english] How does the autoload feature work?
lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Nov 5 01:46:13 CET 2010
On 11/05/2010 12:49 AM, Philippe Moreau wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get the new autoload feature to work in an extension?
Sure, we use it in every new extension: No need to think about
require_once() anymore ;)
> I have added the necessary ext_autoload.php file, but it seems like it isn't
> enough. I can't figure out what else I'm supposed to do and there is no
> documentation anywhere. If someone could help me with this it would help a
Say you have a class called tx_myext_MyClass located in
$extensionPath = t3lib_extMgm::extPath('myext');
'tx_myext_myclass' => $extensionPath .
- t3lib_div::makeInstance('tx_myext_MyClass', constructor param1,
constructor param2, ...);
- static calls work, too
- always lowercase the classname (key part of the array) in ext_autoload
- classnames must start with tx_ (or probably ux_)
- always locate ext_autoload.php within your extension root (next to
ext_tables.sql and friends)
- make sure your extension is loaded, TYPO3 will find the file itself,
no need to annotate it somewhere
More information about the TYPO3-english