[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.4.2 Clean URLs Problem

James Carpenter jam at james-carpenter.net
Mon Nov 1 23:59:22 CET 2010

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a site admin on an older version of typo3 for a little while now,
but have only just set up a new server with the most recent install on it.
The install process was no problem, but once the site is installed (i used
the introduction pack for simplicity's sake) I cannot visit any of the menu
items..

To explain in more detail: I can get at the front page, and also at the
backend (domain.com/typo3) but all of the links (e.g.domain.com/features/)
are broken.

Now I'm thinking that this is to do with re-writes, but the .htaccess file
is where it should be and re-writes are enabled in PHP/apache.... So I'm not
really sure where to go from here.

A little about my setup: CentOS 5.5 VPS slice running apache 2.2.3, PHP
5.2.14, mySQL 5.0.77, all freshly installed

I'd be grateful to anyone who could shed a little light on this for me.

Thanks in advance,

James