[TYPO3-dev] Caching framework: Usage inextensions

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Mon May 30 18:10:00 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 05/30/2011 04:36 PM, Jochen Rieger wrote:
>> Your analysis is correct. This will only change in 4.6 with one of the
>> pending cf patches.
>
> wouldn't this patch be something worth beeing done in 4.5 as well? Since
> it is a long term support release...?

we're talking about https://review.typo3.org/#change,1722 here: And I
think it needs a second patch to actually use the clearAll functionality
(I'm currently unsure). I've planned to dig into this as soon as this
one and the next 2 pending patches are in.

The problem with this patch is: It's huge. It is the next backport of
flow3 changes to v4 and it already took me ~3 days to get it done
(together with several pre-patches in v4 and flow3). At the moment I
don't feel really comfortable to patch this big patch as-is to our
stable version as well. We could however separate the 'clear also not
instantiated caches' somehow, but that is not on my personal TOP1 list.

Regards
Christian