[TYPO3-dev] Database connection

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Mon May 30 17:21:53 CEST 2011

Best regards

Stefan Henschke wrote:

> I would suggest to include a mailadress in the localconf.php, for error
> reports like this. The user should see something like "Site temporary not
> available, please try again later.". I don't think that the user should
> see the database username.
You are right, he should not see this. (And I don't, so this might be your
settings.)
For the email part, this should work if you go to the Install Tool and there
to [SYS][systemLog]. Here you can configure how you want to be warned. You
can enter an email here and it will be send (e.g. for fatal errors). Have a
look at the description of the setting.

> Mysqli and pdo aren't used because of the history of the project, right?
As already answered, this is correct. However you might want to read the
following blog post:
http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/core/article/typo3-45-lts-prepared-queries-are-
the-way-to-go/

Best regards