[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri May 20 13:59:53 CEST 2011

Hey Daniel,

> What can be harnessed from this wave of criticism (as Jochen already
> pointed out before me) are more concise descriptions of problems,
> complete with performance data.
+100 :-)

> So, for the umpteenth time TYPO3 has got an unfinished software
> construction site, but gladly also Basti facing the daunting task to
> turn that into something everybody wants to use.
To get it clear again: Bastian and myself are mostly interested in
making sure extbase and flow3 go into the right directions, and we will
hopefully improve the community spirit of the Extbase team (make it a
real team effort).

However, I don't see either of us to rewrite the persistence layer or so
-- we just do not have time for that. (And at the time we started, there
was no doctrine2 around the corner btw...). However, if somebody stepped
up the task and told "I want to integrate Doctrine" (as example), we'd
support him as much as we could.

Greets,
Sebastian