[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri May 20 13:50:31 CEST 2011

Hey Daniel,

> How often has the extbase-team talked to the FLOW3-developers?
In fact, really often... Jochen talked a lot to Karsten while building
persistence, and I was part of both teams anyways.
However, now that FLOW3 doesn't use it's own unperformant persistence
layer anymore but Doctrine2, we have to check what to do about the
persistence layer in v5.
> The
> FLOW3-developers are framework-gurus by now. Have you checked that extbase
> still adheres to the concepts the FLOW3-team has in mind?
Yes, this is what I, Bastian and Jochen see as our main tasks.

So, communication of FLOW3 / extbase is not a problem in my opinion.
> I would also imagine that a lot of communication between the extbase-team
> and the v4 core developers is necessary.
You are right that we should do this more intensively, I really see room
for improvement there.

Greets,
Sebastian